- 32 oz reduced sodium chicken broth
- 2 lbs chicken breasts
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (6 oz) tomato paste
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 1 zucchini, cut into thirds and sliced
- 2 chipotle peppers, chopped (use 1 if 2 is too spicy)
- 1 tbsp of cilantro finely chopped
- 1 tbsp ground cumin 1 tsp chili powder
- Diced Avocado (for topping – not to be put
into the slow cooker)
1. Brown chicken in a lightly-oiled pan.
2. Dice or chop the garlic, onion, zucchini, chipotle peppers, and cilantro as specified in the ingredients list.
3. Add all ingredients (except for the avocado) to your slow cooker.
4. Set the slow cooker on low for 6 hours.
5. With approx. 2 hours remaining, remove the chicken from the slow cooker and shred it using two forks.
6. Put shredded chicken back into the slow 7. cooker for the remaining cooking time. If the soup is more stew like and is too thick, add more chicken broth.
8. Serve the chicken tortilla-less soup with diced avocado on top.
Original recipe: http://www.slowcarbdietexperiments.com/slow-cooker-chicken-tortilla-less-soup-recipe/